- ADEC’s support addressed knowledge and skill gaps for mainstream service staff and provided education on how to effectively engage and work with CALD community members experiencing disability.
- Successfully delivered 21 programs in all 15 NDIS Local Government Areas in Victoria, with 306 staff registrations across the state.
- ADEC offered individualized mentoring support to services to better engage communities from CALD backgrounds.
Mainstream services who engaged in the ADEC ILC program reported:
- A better understanding of issues that prevent people with disability from CALD backgrounds from engaging with mainstream services.
- Enhanced knowledge of best practice to minimise the impact of these issues, such as effectively using interpreters.
- Increased awareness of barriers around inclusiveness.
For more information about our Building Capacity in CALD Communities through Empowerment project, please contact ADEC’s Capacity Building team on 9480 7000 (Option 2) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.