This ILC project aimed to increase the knowledge, skills and confidence of people with disabilities, their families and communities through a workshop based platform.
- Workshops covered topics such as Equality in Society, Family violence, LGBTIQ+ Tolerance
- Target cohort included eight CALD communities inclusive of Afghani, Arabic, Burmese, Chinese, Japanese, Karen, Turkish and Vietnamese backgrounds.
- Development of a training program that covered important topics such as community engagement, mental health and self-care, self-advocacy, NDIS, and the My Aged Care system.
- 6% of attendees reported an increased understanding of their human rights.
- The project was supported by the Victorian Equal Opportunity Human Rights Commission (VEOHRC) and Australian GLBTIQ Multicultural Council (AGMC).
You can download the following resources by clicking here-
- Key Terms and Laws Summary Booklet
- Contacts page
- YouTube links to Training videos
For more information about our Diversity, Inclusion and Equality project, please contact ADEC’s Capacity Building team on 9480 7000 (Option 3) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.