Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC) project 2017-2018
This project aimed to increase the capacity of mainstream services to be an inclusive service for people with a disability from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds by providing training and mentoring support.
- ADEC support addressed knowledge and skills that helped mainstream staff understand how to effectively engage and work with CALD community members experiencing disability.
- Successfully delivered 21 programs in all 15 NDIS Local Government Areas in Victoria, with 306 staff registrations across the state.
- ADEC offered individualized mentoring support to services to better engage communities from CALD backgrounds.
Mainstream services who engaged in the ADEC ILC program reported:
- Better understanding of issues that prevent people with disability from CALD backgrounds from engaging with mainstream services.
- Enhanced knowledge of best practices possible to minimise impact of these issues, such as effectively using interpreters
- Increased knowledge of barriers to be more welcoming and inclusive.
Our Capacity Building Team here at ADEC are excited to announce that our ILC Knowledge and Skills Building videos are now available to watch online. Our videos cover the basics of Community Engagement, Mental-Health & Self-Care, Self-Advocacy, My Aged Care (MAC) and the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
If you are interested in the project or want more information contact Alyssa on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on each video and find out more for ILC Knowledge and Skills Building
NDIS - National Disability Insurance System
Mental Health and Self Care