Capacity Building Department
ADEC’s Capacity Building Department aims to build the capacity of ethnic communities through a range of knowledge based, rights based and value based Projects. The department also offers a language specific and culturally appropriate Social Support Program for people living with disability, including mental health concerns, people who are frail, and their carers.
Capacity Building Officers
ADEC’s Capacity Building Officers offer individual and community support focused on the empowerment and inclusion of people living with disability and/ or mental ill-health, their families, carers and communities.
Our team of Capacity Building Officers can help with the following:
- Build your skills and confidence to transition to the NDIS
- Connect with relevant services
- Make informed decisions about the supports you receive
- Build your skills and confidence to advocate for yourself
- Provide information and education about a range of topics, including mental health, well-being, human rights and domestic/gendered-based violence awareness
- Promote your engagement in positive relationships
- Introduce practical strategies in maintaining your well-being
You can contact our Capacity Building Officers by calling 03 9480 7000 (Option 2) or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.