If you are over 65 and finding it harder to do the everyday things you used to, like getting to the shops or to an appointment, cleaning your house, gardening etc, you can ask for some help.
This doesn’t mean that you lose your independence, it actually gives you the opportunity to stay independent in your home for longer and live a happy and healthy life in your own space.
The Australian Government has come up with a program called My Aged Care that offers funding for this help at home.
ADEC can support you throughout your My Aged Care (MAC) journey.
My Aged Care is your starting point for accessing Australian Government-funded aged care services. MAC offers home support services via two different types of funding, Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP), short-term funding for low care services and Home Care Packages (HCP). CHSP is short-term funding for low care services, often available while you are on the waitlist to be assigned a Home Care Package. The HCP funding is long term and is designed for those with more complex care needs and comes in 4 different funding levels based on the needs of the client.
For more information on each of these funding streams and what services are available under each click this link My Aged Care Services
ADEC has come up with an easy diagram so you can find out if you may be eligible for My Aged Care funding. Click here to see it.
If you would like to know how to register with My Aged Care to get funding click here.
Why should I choose ADEC?
ADEC can help you manage both CHSP and HCP funding so you get the best quality services at the lowest cost. We can help you organise services such as:
- Domestic support: cleaning, personal care, gardening, cooking
- Health: Nursing, physio, podiatry, medication support
- Community/Social: Transport, social outings, shopping, respite
At ADEC we understand that everyone is different, that's why we offer personalised supports to meet the individual needs of our clients. Some reasons why you should choose ADEC:
- We have case managers that speak different languages and can organise translators – free of charge
- We take into consideration and know how important it is to understand cultural nuances and personal preferences
- Our service is not charged by the hour, meaning we can spend quality time understanding the exact needs of our clients
- ADEC offers support with managing your funding and making sure you get the best services for the most affordable price.
- We have a FREE Specialised Support Services program for our CHSP clients to help with applying for funding and the assessment process, understanding how services work and what is available to you, and chasing suppliers, comparing quotes and services on your behalf. Best of all this service is FREE!