Do you need help around the house? My Aged Care can help by giving you access to government-funded home care services. ADEC can be your service provider to help you manage these services. If you'd like to choose ADEC as your service provider, please contact our Aged Care team on 0491 147 924. Below is more information on the types of My Aged Care funding available to you:
There are two programs available:
1. Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP)
CHSP helps people over 65 years’ access entry-level support services to live independently and safely at home. CHSP is short-term funding for low care services, often available while you are on the waitlist to be assigned a Home Care Package.
- You can choose from a set menu of home care services – there isn’t much flexibility
- Only pay a contribution for the services you use
- Can dip in and out of the program as you need services
- Have your eligibility assessed by the Regional Assessment Service (RAS)
- ADEC offers a FREE Specialised Support Service program for our CHSP clients to help with the assessment process and to apply for funding. Through this program we help you, understand how the services work, what is available to you, and linking you to participating services providers. Best of all this service is FREE! Click here to find out more
2. Home Care Packages (HCP)
The HCP program is designed for those with more complex care needs. The program aims to provide a coordinated and tailored service to help people over 65 years to continue living independently and happily at home.
There are four levels of Home Care Packages, each level providing a different subsidy amount dependent on the level of your care needs.
- Your eligibility is assessed by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT)
- You get your own funds to spend and you can decide which services to spend the funds on (you are not restricted to a set menu of services)
- Once you have a package, it stays with you long term
Once you receive your Home Care Package, you choose a Service Provider to manage the package on your behalf. ADEC is a Service Provider. If you'd like to choose ADEC as your service provide please contact us on 0491 147 924. ADEC will then allocate you a case manager who will work with you to organise the care and services you need within the funds allocated to you in your HCP.
What makes ADEC a great Service Provider?
ADEC can help you manage both CHSP and HCP funding so you get the best quality services at the lowest cost. We can help you organise services such as:
- Domestic support: cleaning, personal care, gardening, cooking
- Health: Nursing, physio, podiatry, medication support
- Community/Social: Transport, social outings, shopping, respite
At ADEC we understand that everyone is different, that's why we offer personalised supports to meet the individual needs of our clients. Some reasons why you should choose ADEC:
- We have case managers that speak different languages and can organise translators – free of charge
- We take into consideration and know how important it is to understand cultural nuances and personal preferences
- Our service is not charged by the hour, meaning we can spend quality time understanding the exact needs of our clients
- ADEC offers support with managing your funding and making sure you get the best services for the most affordable price.
- We have a FREE Specialised Support Services program for our CHSP clients to help with applying for funding and the assessment process, understanding how services work and what is available to you, and chasing suppliers, comparing quotes and services on your behalf. Best of all this service is FREE!
Home Care Packages Fee Schedule
Inclusions and Exclusions
For a list of Inclusions and Exclusions of how the funds from your Home Care Package can be used, please click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Services for getting out and staying social: My Aged Care provides assistance for seniors to maintain an active social life. This can include social support groups, activities, and outings to help seniors connect with their community and peers.
- Services for getting some temporary help: Temporary help services are available for seniors who require short-term assistance. This may include respite care or home care for a limited duration to provide support to caregivers or individuals recovering from an injury or illness.
- Services for keeping me well: My Aged Care offers services aimed at promoting the well-being of older adults. This encompasses health assessments, wellness programs, and access to healthcare professionals to ensure seniors remain healthy and fit.
- Services for keeping my home liveable: Maintaining a liveable home environment is crucial for seniors. My Aged Care provides services that help seniors with home modifications, cleaning, and other support to ensure their living spaces are comfortable and safe.
Yes, depending on your package or program. My Aged Care offers access to various social support groups that cater to the social and emotional well-being of seniors. The availability of these groups depends on the specific aged care package or program you are enrolled in. These groups often provide a supportive and engaging community for seniors, allowing them to connect with others in similar situations and share experiences.
To access My Aged Care support services, follow these steps:
Visit the My Aged Care to find detailed information on how to access aged care services.
You can initiate the process by applying for an assessment online. This assessment will determine your eligibility for aged care services. After your assessment, you can search for local aged care providers that match your needs and preferences. If you prefer a more personal approach, you can also call 1800 200 422. The helpline operates on weekdays from 8 am to 8 pm and on Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm. Trained professionals will guide you through the process and help you find the right support for your specific requirements.
The cost of aged care services varies from person to person. It depends on the care you are eligible for, the aged care provider you choose, and your financial situation. While the Australian Government may contribute to the cost of your care, you will also be asked to contribute if you can afford to. The cost of aged care services varies and is influenced by these factors:
- The type of help you require: The cost is determined by the specific services required, which can range from basic assistance to more comprehensive care.
- The provider you select: Different aged care providers may offer services at varying price points, so your choice of provider will impact the cost.
- Your financial situation: Your personal financial circumstances will play a crucial role in determining your contribution to the cost of aged care services.
The services you receive: The range and frequency of services you receive will affect the overall cost.
If you're concerned about affording aged care costs, you can explore financial hardship assistance. My Aged Care offers a financial hardship assistance program to help individuals who may struggle to cover the costs of home care, residential respite care, or permanent residential care. If you are eligible for this assistance, the Australian Government may subsidise some or all of your aged care costs, making it more affordable. For those already receiving care through another aged care program, it's advisable to reach out to your provider to discuss financial hardship options.