Do you need help around the house? My Aged Care can help by giving you access to government-funded home care services. ADEC can be your service provider to help you manage these services. If you'd like to choose ADEC as your service provider, please contact our Aged Care team on 0491 147 924. Below is more information on the types of My Aged Care funding available to you:
There are two programs available:
1. Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP)
CHSP helps people over 65 years’ access entry-level support services to live independently and safely at home. CHSP is short-term funding for low care services, often available while you are on the waitlist to be assigned a Home Care Package.
- You can choose from a set menu of home care services – there isn’t much flexibility
- Only pay a contribution for the services you use
- Can dip in and out of the program as you need services
- Have your eligibility assessed by the Regional Assessment Service (RAS)
- ADEC offers a FREE Specialised Support Service program for our CHSP clients to help with the assessment process and to apply for funding. Through this program we help you, understand how the services work, what is available to you, and linking you to participating services providers. Best of all this service is FREE! Click here to find out more
2. Home Care Packages (HCP)
The HCP program is designed for those with more complex care needs. The program aims to provide a coordinated and tailored service to help people over 65 years to continue living independently and happily at home.
There are four levels of Home Care Packages, each level providing a different subsidy amount dependent on the level of your care needs.
- Your eligibility is assessed by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT)
- You get your own funds to spend and you can decide which services to spend the funds on (you are not restricted to a set menu of services)
- Once you have a package, it stays with you long term
Once you receive your Home Care Package, you choose a Service Provider to manage the package on your behalf. ADEC is a Service Provider. If you'd like to choose ADEC as your service provide please contact us on 0491 147 924. ADEC will then allocate you a case manager who will work with you to organise the care and services you need within the funds allocated to you in your HCP.
What makes ADEC a great Service Provider?
ADEC can help you manage both CHSP and HCP funding so you get the best quality services at the lowest cost. We can help you organise services such as:
- Domestic support: cleaning, personal care, gardening, cooking
- Health: Nursing, physio, podiatry, medication support
- Community/Social: Transport, social outings, shopping, respite
At ADEC we understand that everyone is different, that's why we offer personalised supports to meet the individual needs of our clients. Some reasons why you should choose ADEC:
- We have case managers that speak different languages and can organise translators – free of charge
- We take into consideration and know how important it is to understand cultural nuances and personal preferences
- Our service is not charged by the hour, meaning we can spend quality time understanding the exact needs of our clients
- ADEC offers support with managing your funding and making sure you get the best services for the most affordable price.
- We have a FREE Specialised Support Services program for our CHSP clients to help with applying for funding and the assessment process, understanding how services work and what is available to you, and chasing suppliers, comparing quotes and services on your behalf. Best of all this service is FREE!
Home Care Packages Fee Schedule
Click here to download the HCP Fee Schedule 2022-2023