Funded by the NDIA under the stream “Individual Capacity Building”, this project aims to deliver education workshops so that people with disability and their families from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities are better informed about the NDIS. The workshops will provide NDIS information to participants, their family members, community leaders and other significant people in the community, as well as build their skills and confidence to mentor and support others in their community.
Achievements to date
- Community consultation with Wyndham Karen community completed.
- NDIS education workshop series commenced in June 2020.
- Mixed delivery model inclusive of online training developed to continue the much needed education with the Karen community in the NDIS space.
For more information about our NDIS Education project, please contact ADEC’s Capacity Building team on 9480 7000 (Option 3) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NDIS EDUCATION SERIES - MELTON 6 Oct - 10 Nov 21
We invite people from Ethnic background with NDIS plans, and their family members or carers to attend a series of 6 workshops that will help improve their Knowledge and skills around NDIS. The workshops will be around following topics:
- NDIS process and NDIA structure
- NDIS funding categories
- Understanding an NDIS plan
- Allied health professionals
- Service agreements
- Privacy and complaints
- Australia’s welfare system
- Digital literacy
Every Wednesdays from 6th October 2021 to 10th November 2021
Time: 10:00 am to 11:00 am
Melton Central Community Centre 239 Station Rd, Melton, 3337
Refreshments will be provided
For further information please contact Sana Saiyed on 0490 059 026 or 03 9480 7000 or email email@example.com.
Registration is Essential
The session is free of cost to the community members.