This project built the capacity of people with disabilities and carers from the Karen community to engage in physical exercise and increase their social participation. The project ran for 6 months and was funded by Australia Post.
- Connection to local sport and recreation providers
- Increased social interaction and participation
- Increased confidence to participate in physical activities
- Increased knowledge about the benefits of exercise
- Successful transition of participants to online delivery due to pandemic
- Increased digital literacy for participants
- Online exercise sessions to manage stress and anxiety levels during lockdown
For more information about our Karen Physical Activity & Wellbeing Group project, please contact ADEC’s Capacity Building team on 9480 7000 (Option 2) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.